AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world-class portfolio of brands in North America includes Sikkens, Lesonal, Wanda, Modern Classikk, Sikkens Autocoat BT, U-TECH and Sign Finishes. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. AkzoNobel’s core principles are Safety, Integrity and Sustainability. We take these principles into consideration in everything we do- in our day-to-day business operations, when formulating new and existing products to meet customer needs, as well as in our outreach efforts within our community.
Our digital advantage
For decades, AkzoNobel has been providing customers with the right colors, helping to enable perfect repairs. AkzoNobel has been developing the industry’s leading digital color techniques and technologies, and continuously reinventing for the future. Building on the advanced digital tools Automatchic™ and MIXIT™, AkzoNobel offers a color tool portfolio that harnesses the power of digital color technology, to help shops achieve measurable improvements to their businesses, delivering greater accuracy, greater efficiency and ultimately, greater profitability.
• Through the Automatchic™ hand-held spectrophotometer and the MIXIT™ digital color retrieval system, you already get precise and convenient color-matching. Now, Automatchic in MIXIT™ combines these two tools in one seamless workflow, achieving a whole new level of speed, accuracy and convenience.
Perfect color match the first time, every time
• By connecting precise color identification with a vast database of over 2 million colors, Automatchic in MIXIT™ helps give customers the perfect color match the first time, every time and faster than ever. Through this streamlined process, you are provided with the exact data you need, the moment you need it, allowing you to improve your profitability by increasing optimization, accuracy and speed.
Faster process, shorter cycle time
• Automatchic in MIXIT™ is not only quick and accurate, it is also simple and easy to use, and comes with support via our mixitcloud.com website. It also reduces wasted time and paint by reducing errors, strengthening sustainable operations and making it a valuable asset for any vehicle refinish body shop.
Our commitment to your shop efficiency
For shops needing help with controlling workflow, AkzoNobel offers Carbeat™, which is exclusively available to AkzoNobel customers. It follows the principles of the AkzoNobel proprietary Process Centered Environment, a program initiated to help increase body shop efficiency and growth. Carbeat is a digital process control solution that helps improve communication and production efficiency. Carbeat users benefit through process transparency, robust analytics, empowerment and engagement, flexibility and simplicity for business operations.
Our commitment to the collision repair industry
AkzoNobel is actively contributing to the success of the collision repair industry, through the involvement in trade shows, ongoing recruitment, training sessions, a technical college support program, and much more. The successful development of technicians in the industry, as well as continued sustainability, is of critical importance to our organization. AkzoNobel identifies the opportunity to give back to the industry with the I-CAR Sustainability Program and help further the education of our present and future technicians that are committed to our trade.
AkzoNobel’s Service Group, comprised of 16 highly trained industry experts, consults with shop customers on all topics, including processes, financial metrics and goals. The group also focuses on one of the industry’s biggest challenges — “hiring, identifying and retaining talent,” says Tony Mahon, Regional Business Services Manager, AkzoNobel Automotive & Specialty Coatings. “We help customers to understand what is important to the new generation coming in. We give the user the tools and the mindset to hire smart and hire right. What we devote to programs, whether creating personal development programs to monitor progress or pay plans, among others, we basically try to figure out what it is going to take to attract the best and brightest. We work closely with our customers on that.”
AkzoNobel provides expert training on the following topics:
• Preparing for a process centered environment
• Implementing the 5S
• Principles of continuous improvement
• Optimizing repair planning
• Standardization and visual management
• Color evaluation and selection, including the AkzoNobel digital color process
• Paint system and equipment selection
• Paint mixing and application techniques
• Surface cleaning and preparation process
• Health and safety review
Our Sikkens brand has always delivered leading performance in the paint shop. The extensive list of Original Equipment Manufacturer approvals is a testament to this fact. Passing the stringent testing required for approval is no small feat for a paint system. Sikkens passes with flying colors.
Whether it is a standard pallet or custom color, AkzoNobel offers unique and innovative color solutions for an emerging, sustainable world. For more information about AkzoNobel, visit www.akzonobel.com.
The I-CAR Sustaining Partner program brings the Inter-Industry together to support the collision repair industry's training with the goal of ensuring complete, safe and quality repairs.
The Sustaining Partner program is an annual subscription. Click here to send a message to the I-CAR Sustaining Partner representative who will contact you to arrange a time to discuss the program with you.