The OEM segment of the collision repair inter-industry actively supports I-CAR’s vision of complete, safe and quality repairs. Complexity of collision repairs will continue to increase as OEMs respond to consumer demand for new technology by making over 100 vehicle changes each model year and introducing new makes including electric vehicles. OEMs are primarily collaborators on I-CAR’s educational and technical programming and solutions by:
- contributing to the development of educational programs, particularly our portfolio of Vehicle and Technology Specific Training™
- supporting the work by our Repairability Technical Support® team, by providing information updates and resolving Ask I-CAR™ inquiries from technicians
- participating in repair demonstrations and sharing expertise in our livestreamed educational series Repairers Realm
- either recommending or requiring I-CAR training and/or I-CAR credentialing to their Collision Repair Network members
- supporting I-CAR’s vision in a broad range of activities including research and technical summits that result in industry best practices
The OEM segment has representation on I-CAR’s Board of Directors and the Member Council, which serves as an information conduit between the industry and I-CAR.