I-CAR Gold Class® designation is one of the basic knowledge and skill requirement options to qualify for the ProFirst Certified body shop program from American Honda Motor Co. Through earning the Gold Class designation, collision repair facilities may increase operational efficiencies, reduce cycle times, minimize repair mistakes, and most importantly, complete safe repairs.
The ProFirst Certified body shop program is available to both dealer-owned and independent collision repair facilities.
ProFirst Training Requirements
All ProFirst Certified body shops must register for and complete the following:
Only Steel Structural Technicians, Non-Structural Technicians or Aluminum Technicians taking the course satisfy the requirement. Honda recommends that more than one technician per shop pass this course.
MIG Brazing Hands-On Skills Development course
At least one Structural Technician (steel or aluminum), one Non-Structural Technician and one Estimator, OR at least two Structural Technicians (steel or aluminum) and one Estimator, must each complete and pass the Honda/Acura training as shown below. One person cannot satisfy multiple role requirements.
- Honda and Acura High-Strength Steel Repair
- Honda and Acura Restraints Collision Repair
- Honda and Acura Electrical Collision Repair
- Honda and Acura A/C Collision Repair
- Honda and Acura TPMS Collision Repair
The above courses are also available in Latin American Spanish. To request a course in Spanish, please purchase the course(s) in myI-CAR then contact your assigned Customer Care Representative at 800-I-CAR-USA (422-7872) to request the Spanish version. You can also submit the request online. Click here to get started.
Additional requirements must be met in order to qualify for the ProFirst program, including CSI System, Tools and Equipment, Facility Standards and Shop Inspections. For more specific program information, contact the program administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit profirstinfo.honda.com.
To manage your individual affiliation please contact your assigned I-CAR customer care representative or call (800) 422-7872
Acura NSX Training
I-CAR has collaborated with American Honda Motor Company, Inc. (AHM) to design and develop vehicle-specific training for the second-generation Acura NSX. AHM has partnered with I-CAR to deliver this training to the collision repair industry across the United States.
The four courses in the series must be completed prior to estimating or repairing an NSX:
- Acura NSX Aluminum Repair and Refinishing
- Acura NSX Construction and Considerations
- Acura NSX Damage Analysis
- Acura NSX Plastic Repair and Refinishing
- Structural repairs are restricted to the Performance Refresh Center (PRC), located at the NSX manufacturing facility in Marysville, Ohio. Structural parts are not available to other collision repair facilities.
- The second-generation Acura NSX is sold and serviced by select Acura dealers. Non-structural collision and body repairs are handled by shops affiliated with the Acura NSX Non-Structural Repair Network.
- The Acura NSX Non-Structural Repair Network is not affiliated with the ProFirst Certified program.
To manage your individual affiliation, please contact your assigned I-CAR Customer Care representative or call (800) 422-7872.