I-CAR Gold Class® designation is one of the basic knowledge and skill requirement options to qualify for the Honda and Acura Certified Collision body shop programs from American Honda Motor Co. Through earning the Gold Class designation, collision repair facilities may increase operational efficiencies, reduce cycle times, minimize repair mistakes, and most importantly, complete safe repairs.
Honda and Acura Certified Collision body shop programs are available to both dealer-owned and independent collision repair facilities.
All Shops Certified by American Honda Motor Co. must register for and complete the following:
One person in each of the three (3) roles listed below must take all nine (9) of the required Honda & Acura courses to meet Acura’s Training requirements. One (1) person may not satisfy the requirements for multiple roles. The shop may satisfy Honda & Acura training requirements via staffing options 1 or 2 listed below.
- At least two (2) structural technicians and one (1) estimator OR
- At least one (1) structural technician, one (1) non-structural technician, and one (1) estimator.
Honda Course Package (Includes above 9 required courses.)
|Honda Scan Tools and Using the Honda Diagnostic System||No|
|Honda HR-V 2022 Collision Repair||No|
|Honda HR-V 2022 Electromechanical Repairs||No|
Additional requirements must be met in order to qualify for the programs, including CSI System, Tools and Equipment, Facility Standards and Shop Inspections. For more specific program information, contact the program administrator at HondaandAcuraCollision@ahm.honda.com or visit hondaandacuracertifiedcollision.com.
Acura NSX Training
I-CAR has collaborated with American Honda Motor Company, Inc. (AHM) to design and develop vehicle-specific training for the second-generation Acura NSX. AHM has partnered with I-CAR to deliver this training to the collision repair industry across the United States.
The four courses in the series must be completed prior to estimating or repairing an NSX:
- Acura NSX Aluminum Repair and Refinishing
- Acura NSX Construction and Considerations
- Acura NSX Damage Analysis
- Acura NSX Plastic Repair and Refinishing
- Structural repairs are restricted to the Performance Refresh Center (PRC), located at the NSX manufacturing facility in Marysville, Ohio. Structural parts are not available to other collision repair facilities.
- The second-generation Acura NSX is sold and serviced by select Acura dealers. Non-structural collision and body repairs are handled by shops affiliated with the Acura NSX Non-Structural Repair Network.
- The Acura NSX Non-Structural Repair Network is not affiliated with the ProFirst Certified and Honda and Acura Certified Collision program.