04/01/2018 by RTSFrom its infancy almost 40 years ago, I-CAR has been dedicated to providing education, knowledge, and solutions to the collision repair industry. We work towards fulfilling our mission and vision every day.
We developed Gold Class ® and Platinum™ recognition programs to help increase industry training and bring visibility and recognition to those who value it as much as we do. And, programs like our Repairability Technical Support portal address the Technical Tsunami™ the industry is facing.
These are just two examples of the many ways I-CAR has continuously demonstrated our dedication to the collision repair industry. We are constantly working with our industry partners to continue to develop and bring relevant solutions to the market.
However, we’ve unanimously received feedback that there is one area of the industry that we have been neglecting all these years. So, we are excited and happy to introduce the new RC Repair Role for Gold Class and Platinum individuals.
To achieve Platinum in the RC Repair Role, technicians will achieve ProLevel 1 status. To maintain Platinum, they must complete Pro Level 2, Prolevel 3, as well as annual training. In this new program, RC Repair technicians will learn:
- Analyze structural repair damage
- Repair and replace the outer body panel
- Coordinate parts ordering and scheduling
- The best locations (with sweet jumps and trails) to test your remote control car repairs
- Identify flood and fire damage
- Understanding color theory
- Basic scan tool operation
- Understand the different types of remote control cars in the market
- Develop and follow an appropriate repair plan
- Cycle time analysis
- How to appropriately brag about your remote control car repair skills to your friends
If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail us.
Otherwise, we hope you all have a happy APRIL FOOL’S DAY!