LKQ Corporation is the largest nationwide provider of aftermarket collision replacement products, recycled collision and mechanical OEM products and refurbished OEM collision replacement products, such as wheels, bumper covers and lights, used to repair light vehicles. LKQ also has operations in North America as well as the United Kingdom, the Benelux, France, Germany, and Central America. LKQ operates more than 500 facilities, offering its customers a broad range of replacement systems, components and parts to repair automobiles and light, medium and heavy-duty trucks.
As the largest recycler of automobiles in the world, LKQ Corporation has a naturally minimal footprint on the environment and has instituted sound business practices for sustaining and protecting the environment. LKQ Corporation employs a staff of environmental compliance professionals to ensure our facilities impact the natural environment in as minimal a manner as possible, and we believe our North American salvage operations maintain the highest standards in the industry. Our salvage vehicle operations recycle more than 95% of the materials from end-of-life vehicles that would otherwise end up in a landfill. From end-of-life vehicles we recycle the salvageable parts that can be used in the repair of other vehicles; the fluids and tires that can be recycled, repurposed or re-used in our operations; and the steel hulks that are processed by metals recycling companies.
LKQ was initially formed in 1998 through the combination of a number of wholesale recycled products businesses located in Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin. We subsequently expanded through internal development and over 220 acquisitions of aftermarket, recycled, refurbished, and remanufactured product suppliers and manufacturers; self-service retail businesses; and specialty vehicle aftermarket equipment and accessories suppliers. Our most significant acquisitions include:
• 2007 acquisition of Keystone Automotive Industries, Inc., which, at the time of acquisition, was the leading domestic distributor of aftermarket products, including collision replacement products, paint products, refurbished steel bumpers, bumper covers and alloy wheels.
• 2011 acquisition of Euro Car Parts Holdings Limited ("ECP"), a vehicle mechanical aftermarket parts Distribution Company operating in the United Kingdom. This acquisition allowed us to expand our operations into the European automotive aftermarket business.
• 2013 acquisition of Sator Beheer B.V. ("Sator"), a vehicle mechanical aftermarket parts Distribution Company based in the Netherlands, with operations in the Netherlands, Belgium and Northern France. This acquisition allowed us to further expand our geographic presence into continental Europe.
• 2014 acquisition of Keystone Specialty, which expanded our product offering and increased our addressable market to include specialty vehicle aftermarket equipment and accessories.
• 2015 acquisition of Rhiag-Inter Auto Parts Italia, a leading pan-European business-to-business distributor of aftermarket spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Rhiag has operations in Italy, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Poland and Spain.
• 2018 acquisition of STAHLGRUBER GmbH, headquartered in Germany. STAHLGRUBER is a leading European wholesale distributor of aftermarket spare parts for passenger cars, tools, capital equipment and accessories with operations in Germany, Eastern Europe, Italy, and with further sales to Switzerland. STAHLGRUBER’s facilities include 188 sales centers, and an approximately 128,000 square meter advanced logistics center that is strategically located in Germany, serving more than 100,000 professional clients and offering over 500,000 SKUs.
Commitment to Quality
LKQ is committed to providing the highest quality standards in the recycled and aftermarket parts industry. We stand behind the integrity of our products with the LKQ Parts Replacement Promise. Our commitment to quality allows us to back our recycled and aftermarket collision products with lifetime warranties, which are the best in the industry.
Our procurement standards are the strictest in the industry, and any vehicle that does not meet our criteria is rejected. We proactively use VIN matching to ensure the integrity of our recycled inventory, and we provide consistent and accurate product descriptions. As a result, our products are guaranteed to fit and perform as you need and expect.
Building a part the right way is important to all of our manufacturing partners. Years of experience, integrity, and ingenuity are what sets them apart from the rest. LKQ performs both internal testing and hires independent testing agencies to evaluate the quality of our parts. We do not procure parts that compromise safety.
All parts are carefully inspected throughout the dismantling and order-fulfillment process. The first quality inspection occurs before a part can even be added to our inventories. After your order is placed, all recycled auto body parts, including, but not limited to, sheet metal, doors, front ends, deck lids, hoods, etc. are cleaned and inspected one final time before being placed on the delivery truck.
Our employees are educated in the latest quality and safety regulations by receiving regular training in those areas. Employees in direct contact with customers provide valuable feedback for quality improvements.
The I-CAR Sustaining Partner program brings the Inter-Industry together to support the collision repair industry's training with the goal of ensuring complete, safe and quality repairs.
The Sustaining Partner program is an annual subscription. Click here to send a message to the I-CAR Sustaining Partner representative who will contact you to arrange a time to discuss the program with you.